Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Traveling Queen is Back in the Big Apple


The journey home could not have been any slower and more stressful , I just wished I could snap my fingers and be in NYC instantly. But more or  less Efosa is back in the Big Apple (thank you God). Throughout my journey in Europe, my friends created a new name for me, “Traveling Queen” or “Dora the Explorer” because this whole year I have been around the world non-stop lol. It felt weird being home because I expected it to be colder than it was and I thought I would be greeted by snow, but I was mistaken. Parents were excited to see me once I arrived, surprisingly jet-leg did not hit me as much as I thought it would (I guess my late nights in Alicante paid off lol). As I reflect on my study abroad experience in Europe, one of the hardest things I had to do was say my various goodbyes/see you laters to the many people I met on this journey because the memories we all share will always be in my heart.  



My Denver Crew: Marysol, Yvonne, Jaime, Byron and Jack thank you all for the fun Alicante nights, accompanying me to Morocco and helping me celebrate my birthday away from home to make it special. Marysol, Yvonne, and Jaime: Calpe was a thrilling and eventful trip climbing the mountains, watching out for the seagulls, and making sure no one made the wrong step or turn.  Marysol and Yvonne: the two best of buds you guys helped me keep sane during my frustrating times when some of the Spanish professors’ explanations did not make any sense at all. I will miss our times in the cafe shop which served as our study session and study break spot, we have a lot of memories there. Overall, I wish you five the best of luck in your future endeavors and until next time.




My Norwegians: Annette, Ingrid, and Anniken you guys are SO AWESOME. Annette, I am going to miss you in the classroom and your facial expressions that illustrated exactly how I was felt when the teachers lost us during their explanations. Good luck with your horses and everything else in the future. Ingrid, the one always with a smile and knows how to have a great time and live life carefree. I will miss your no pasa nada spirit because you always found ways to see the bright side of situations and knew when it was time to let a situation go and move forward. Good luck with your remaining months in Spain learning Spanish, I wish you the best of luck on the DELE exam. Anniken !!!!!! we met at such a short period of time, but made sure that the time we shared was filled with laughter and great times. Even though I never knew what you and Ingrid were saying when you guys spoke in Norwegian, I will truly miss it because the way you two easily switched from English- Spanish- Norwegian without any hesitation was fascinating. Please be safe in the army and can’t wait to see you when you are done. I can’t wait to see you all when I come to Norway.


Spanish Study Abroad: The original squad I love you all sooo very much. Thank you all for making my trip to Europe a great one and helping me with my Spanish and encouraging me when I felt I was not making any progress. I was fortunate enough to share my study abroad journey with was not easy at all. These past four months we shared SO MANY MEMORIES I WILL FOREVER HOLD IN MY HEART. It is not goodbye but until next time. I love you guys so much and goodluck with your future endeavors throughout college and years after.




Lauren Perone: Peroniiiii!!! Peronester ! The girl who was going to go to Ithaca College , but ended up changing her mind last minute and enrolling into Susquehanna University. You are an amazing person with a kind heart. I want to say thank you thank you thank you so much for pushing my buttons when you did because you helped me exercise patience for others when I felt my New Yorker was coming out. From Ibiza to Morocco, Torrevieja, Granada, Valencia, Madrid, and Barcelona, you became my official travel buddy we share so many memories that will last both of us a lifetime. I am glad I was able to be there for you when you needed me and when you did not want to hear the truth, but I think that is what friends are for. Thank you for being a friend to me away from home.


Well that’s it folks, Efosa is signing out thank you to everyone who was with me throughout my study abroad journey. I love you all very much. Until next time.




Love,
Efosa   

No comments:

Post a Comment